Hi,

    In the past, I've heard rumors that there are plans to support
[transparent] encryption in btrfs.  If you guys were able to get
compression to work already, I don't see what's stopping you from
implementing encryption.  I'd like to strongly recommend that you look
into using the "NaCl: Networking and Cryptography library" (see
http://nacl.cace-project.eu/  ) by Daniel J. Bernstein.  It is
extremely lightweight, fast, secure, and has an extremely simple API.
 I'd really like to see btrfs take advantage of such a great
cryptographic library.  I'm interested in hearing all of your thoughts
on this, as I think it could work out quite nicely.

Thanks!

--
Jay Sullivan