Hi,

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Evgeny A. Marchenko <xeng...@mail.ru> wrote:
>> I'm founding the solution to build btrfs filesystem image from
>> specific directory.
>> it's common concept at mobile build environment.
>> e.g., ubifs and cramfs support this feature.
>>
>> In case of ubifs
>> -r, -d, --root=DIR       build file system from directory DIR
>> In case of cramfs
>> dirname    root of the filesystem to be compressed
>>
>> But btrfs doesn't support it.
> Maybe because btrfs is not a compressed read-only filesystem

It's just example. it's not matter to support compressed or not.

>> So does it have any plan to support this feature at btrfs?
> You can create file-backed loop device, mount it and copy the directory
> contents there. Than unmount the loop and voila - you have btrfs image

Right, I used it now, but some build machine doesn't have or support
btrfs, it mean can't mount btrfs as loopback.
I just want to create btrfs image from directory without any host
machine dependency such as kernel version and whatever.
To simply, just use the mkfs.btrfs itself.

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park