On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 07:00:33AM -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On 7/19/2010 1:03 AM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> >This seems like iteration 66 of the ill fated mobling readahead crap.
>
> I think you need to actually look at what this patch does before
> rendering this judgment; something you apparently have not done.

Thanks a lot for the attack, but of course I have.  It's the same stupid
idea of throwing almost generic code into filesystems that you previous
attempt did.  It's completely generic code for checking what pages are
in-memory (plus constaints) and then force read-ahead on them again.
The only filesystems specific bit is which address_space to select.  The
whole apporach is also useful to extN / xfs / etc if you allow it on
any address_space.