Hallo, Evert,

Du meintest am 05.12.10:

[...]

> When I created a file system with
> mkfs.btrfs -d single /dev/sdb6 /dev/sdb7
> I was able to fill the resulting file system to 2.7Gb before it
> started throwing ENOSPACE this file system was quite a bit faster...

> So, by far the simplest solution would be to re-create your file
> system with "single" mode,

Can I add or delete hard disks/partitions to the two devices/partitions
in your example?
I've studied the man page and the Wiki but didn't find any help.

And in my special case I have to add at least yearly new disks and from
time to time remove the smallest disks from this bundle.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut