tor 2011-01-06 klockan 04:10 +0300 skrev Vasiliy G Tolstov:
> Hello. I have two questions:
>
> 1) When btrfs can be used in systems, that can be rebooted unexpectedly?
> btrfs fsck is ready to use? does after power failure or hard reboot file
> system can be damaged and can't be corrected?
If you turn of the write-cache of the underlying disks, btrfs should
survive it. I have btrfs on top of dm-crypt and no write-cache, and it
has survived all crashes so far. But you never know, so I backupp
regularly. Fsck is not ready yet.

> 2) When i use xen domU virtual machine a can dynamically change capacity
> of block device (/dev/xvda for example) it can be grows and shrinks.  Is
> that possible to use one btrfs file system on all device without
> partition table ? In current implementation (i'm use ext3). After block
> device change it size, i need to recreate partition table and do
> resize2fs.  But in case of root fs i need reboot to update partition
> table, because file system is in use. If linux can boot from plain btrfs
> device without partition table , as i think - i can resize block device
> and do mount -o remount,maxsize /dev/xvda and btrfs resized
> automatic...
> Is that possible?
Why not use LVM?
If you do not have a partition table (or only one partition) you can
only have one file system on the disk, so why not use the entire disk in
the first place?

// Maria