On 01/06/2011 06:35 PM, Carl Cook wrote:
> I want to keep a duplicate copy of the HTPC data, on the backup
> server, and I think a regular full file copy is not optimal and may
> take days to do.  So I'm looking for a way to sync the arrays at some
> interval.  Ideally the sync would scan the HTPC with a CRC check to
> look for differences, copy over the differences, then email me on
> success.
>
> Is there a BTRFS tool that would do this?

There is the command

        btrfs subvolume find-new

which lists the file which have the data (but not the metadata) changed.
But it is a very low level tool.
I tried to enhance this command ( see a my post titled "[RFC] Improve
btrfs subvolume find-new command"), but I never finished this work.

Regards
G.Baroncelli