On 12 January 2011 18:45, Mikael Andersson <mik...@develog.se> wrote:
> E.g. btrfsctl -r -4000m /dev/sda5

Hey Mikael,

btrfsctl is deprecated, you should use btrfs
In the previous example:
btrfs filesystem resize -4000m /dev/sda5

Check the help of btrfs

And also good to download latest btrfs-progs from git and compile them
yourself the version of btrfs-progs on LiveCD is old.

Latest version I use for example is: v0.19-35-g1b444cd

> results in:
> ioctl:: Inappropriate ioctl for device

> Kernel: 2.6.35-22-generic
>
> According to the Synaptic Package manager, the version of btrfs-tools is
> 0.19+20100601-3
>
> Other information that can be of interest:
> - I started Ubuntu on a live CD
> - before invoking the btrfsctl command I invoked apt-get update.
>
> I have googled but have not found anything that seems to help me.
>
> I have searched for "resize" on the following pages but have not find
> anything:
> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Problem_FAQ
> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Gotchas
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mikael
>
> --

Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.