Excerpts from Gregory L Shomo's message of 2011-04-20 09:20:20 -0400:
> Chris Mason <chris.ma...@oracle.com> writes:
>
> > Excerpts from Gregory L Shomo's message of 2011-04-20 08:56:02 -0400:

> >> I'm not sure how far we will get, but btrfs-debug-tree
> >> has been running for over 12h now and the screenlog is
> >> at 80Gb. This may not be surprising, as the filesystem
> >> is large (60T) and has millions of files.
> >>
> >> From the logs at boottime, we have
> >>
> >>   btrfs: failed to read the system array on sdd1
> >>   btrfs: open_ctree failed
> >>
> >> Should we wait for the btrfs-debug-tree to finish
> >> before executing an other mount command ?
> >
> > For btrfs-debug-tree to run this long, big parts of your FS must be
> > valid.  Also, btrfs-debug-tree must have been able to read the sys
> > array (which mount was complaining about).
> >
> > How easily can you try a newer kernel?  We need to make sure and do
> > readonly operations (mount -o ro), but we may be able to pull out a
> > bunch of files.
> >
> > -chris
>

> Sure, we're up for that. Should we rebuild the kernel, or just
> the btrfs module ? If the kernel, is linux-2.6.38.3 a good
> choice, or should we build 2.6.39-rc4 ? If we only need to
> rebuild the btrfs module, should we use Monday's commit to
> btrfs-unstable ?

The best choice right now is 2.6.38 plus the master branch of the btrfs
unstable tree.  There are a lot of fixes to dealing with busted blocks
thanks to Josef and Fujitsu.

It may still have trouble, please make sure to mount -o ro.

-chris