On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Evert Vorster <evors...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> Just a quick question: How do I rename an existing btrfs filesystem
> without destroying all the subvolumes on it?
>
> From mkfs.btrfs it says -L sets the initial filesystem label.
>
> With ext2, 3 and 4 the filesystem label can be changed with tune2fs.
> Does similar functionality exist in btrfs?

There's a patch for btrfsprogs which introduce a new command: btrfslabel
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/70701/

You might need to make some changes to merge it with current version,
but the userland-only patch works great for changing unmounted btrfs
filesystem. It works even without the kernel-side patch.

--
Fajar