Le vendredi 13 mai 2011 à 16:16 +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha a écrit :

> IIRC 2.6.38 has a bug in that you can't use mount option "subvol=..."
> if the fs/subvolume is newly created, while 2.6.39 works fine. At
> least that's what I experienced, so now I use subvolid to select
> subvolume.

# uname -a
Linux tethys 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:50 UTC
2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

# grep btrfs fstab
/dev/VG1/TETHYS /               btrfs   subvol=UBUNTU,compress=zlib,relatime
0 0
/dev/sda2       /boot           btrfs   compress=zlib,relatime
0 0
/dev/VG1/TETHYS /home           btrfs   subvol=HOME,compress=zlib,relatime
0 0
/dev/VG1/TETHYS /tmp            btrfs   subvol=TMP,compress=zlib,relatime
0 0
/dev/VG1/TETHYS /var            btrfs   subvol=VAR,compress=zlib,relatime
0 0

# mount | grep btrfs
/dev/mapper/VG1-TETHYS on / type btrfs
(rw,relatime,subvol=UBUNTU,compress=zlib)
/dev/mapper/VG1-TETHYS on /tmp type btrfs
(rw,relatime,subvol=TMP,compress=zlib)
/dev/mapper/VG1-TETHYS on /home type btrfs
(rw,relatime,subvol=HOME,compress=zlib)
/dev/mapper/VG1-TETHYS on /var type btrfs
(rw,relatime,subvol=VAR,compress=zlib)
/dev/sda2 on /boot type btrfs (rw,relatime,compress=zlib)

(Maybe worth noting that /boot actually points to a subvol as well,
which is set as default subvol as grub2 would seem not to manage
non-default subvol)

> A 60GB Corsair Force should be about $140. Highly recommended. Higher
> capacities provide even better cost/GB.

I'll note this for my next national lottery win ;-)))