On 22.05.2011 11:34, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
2011-05-21 14:58:21 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski:
I have a btrfs filesystem (2.6.39) which is mounted, but otherwise, not used:

# lsof -n|grep /mnt/btrfs

processes with open fds are one thing. You could also have loop
devices setup on it for instance.

I know.
It's _not_ used by anything.

#

I noticed that whenever I do "sync", btrfs will write for around 6.5s and write
13 MB (see below).
[...]

You could try and play with /proc/sys/vm/block_dump to see what
is being written (remember to disable logging of kernel messages
by syslog).

It doesn't give me any hints, really.

Can you try running these commands yourself:

iostat -k 1 </your/btrfs/device>

And in a second terminal:

while true; do sync ; done

To see if your btrfs makes writes on sync each time?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org