Cc: Josef

>> It should be specific to the inode caching code.  The balancing code is
>> finding the inode map cache extents, but it doesn't know how to relocate
>> them.
>
> However, the panic has occurred even if inode_cahce is turned off.
> Is this another problem?

I don't think free inode cache isthe cause of the bug here (even if inode_cache
is turned on).

What I have found out is:

1. git checkout a4abeea41adfa3c143c289045f4625dfaeba2212

So the top commit is the removal of trans_mutex and no delayed_inode patch
or free inode cache patchset in the tree, and bug can be triggered.

2. git checkout 2a1eb4614d984d5cd4c928784e9afcf5c07f93be

So the top commit is the one before trans_mutex removal, and no bug triggered.

3. test linus' tree

bug triggered.

4. revert that suspicoius commit manually from linus' tree

no bug.

so either that commit is buggy or it reveals some bugs covered by the
trans_mutex.