On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Daniel Witzel <dannyboy48...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Earlier I tried the read only patch with no result. Josef said I must be
> applying it wrong because the error I get is not possible with the patch
> applied.
> I tried again with no luck and posted my steps for review. Well here I am a
> few
> days later with the following questions:
>
> 1) If my steps are correct what else could be the problem
> 2) if my steps are wrong what do i need to do to get it right
>
> Any help would be awesome
>
> Thanks
> Dan Witzel

I just used this patch yesterday to help with a slightly different corruption.

I know the patch didn't apply cleanly for me, and I had to massage it.

You may want to manually audit disk-io.c to make sure the entire patch
is applied.

I know if I try to apply this patch to my 2.6.39.1 kernel, it fails.

# patch -p1 --dry-run <
/mnt/local/local/dontpanic/parent-transid-verify-failures-on-2.6.39.patch
patching file fs/btrfs/disk-io.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 296.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 321 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 331 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 353 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 1993 (offset -14 lines).
1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file fs/btrfs/disk-io.c.rej