On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Hugo Mills <h...@carfax.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 10:45:30AM +0100, Leonidas Spyropoulos wrote:
>> Why the official repository is not updated with the latest patched for gcc
>> 4.6?
>> I noticed that http://git.darksatanic.net/repo/btrfs-progs-unstable.git/
>> includes more patches than the
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-progs-unstable.git
>>
>> So I was wondering is it some kind of testing to be done on patches to
>> be included into the official repo?
>
>   There have been a lot of patches published in the 9 months or so
> since the upstream repo was last updated -- Chris has been
> concentrating on other things (like kernel-side stability and the new
> fsck). I pulled them all into one place and started to try to make
> sense of them all, which is the ongoing work that is the darksatanic
> repo.
>
>   There's a for-chris branch (which is actually the same as my master
> branch now), which is the "stable" patches that have (mostly) been
> reviewed. Then there's the integration-* branches, which are general
> dumps of things that aren't ready to go upstream yet, but which I'm
> publishing simply to get patches available for testing (particularly
> new features like scrub).
>
>   I should probably send Chris another pull request. :)
The only reason for me to search the mailing list for an alternative
repository (and I send the message after) was because with the latest
stable gcc 4.6 it doesn't compile due to some unused variables
(WARNINGS) so your repository seems to compile fine.
I wasn't after some cool new untested feature tbh, just the latest
btrfs. Would be cool to update it.

>> Another thing is that there are commands for creating the build
>> enviroment for fedora and debian but I found nowhere in the wiki the
>> dependencies of the btrfs-progs to compile them.
>> Shouldn't be a list of packages or dependencies for it?
>
>   The website is a wiki, so feel free to update the instructions with
> anything you've found to be missing. And I'll happily accept patches
> to any instructions that are shipped with the userspace tools. :)
I would be happy to update the wiki if I knew the dependencies :P
And I don't know what you mean with the patched to userspace tools,
sorry for my naiveness.
(even If I make a patch I don't know how to actually produce the
standartize patch mails I see on the mailing list, but that's out of
the mailing list question; would be grateful in an off-the-list email
with instructions).

>   (I believe the only dependencies are libuuid and libxattr --
> whatever they're called on $distribution).
No idea and when I searched on Arch linux for those packages didn't
find any with that name, should be under another package.

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.