Kernel 3.1-rc8
btrfs-progs-0.19
mount options: noatime,autodefrag (space_cache is enabled)
There are snapshots present on the filesystem.

When I do a btrfs fi defrag on a file, the file becomes much more
fragmented. The end result can be a file with 20k times more fragments
than before. Initially I thought the extents were just smaller but
were next to each other, so I checked with both 'filefrag' as well as
'filefrag -v'. Both reported the same number. I don't know if this has
anything to do with having snapshots at all because files that haven't
been snapshotted yet are affected by this. Disk space isn't an issue
since my 1TB disk isn't even halfway filled, and moving the file
around actually gives me fairly contiguous files.