On 10/25/2011 05:01 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:00 AM, dima<dole...@parallels.com>  wrote:
>> Fajar A. Nugraha<list<at>  fajar.net>  writes:
>>
>>> AFAIK you have three possible ways to use /boot on btrfs:
>>>
>>> (1) put /boot on subvolid=0, don't change the default subvolume. That
>>> works, but all your snapshot/subvols will be visible under /boot. Some
>>> people might not want that for estetic reason.
>>
>> Hi Fajar,
>> I think I am doing just this, but my subvolumes are not visible under /boot. I
>> have all my subvolumes set up like this:
>> /path/to/subvolid_0/boot<  a simple directory bind-mounted to /
>> /path/to/subvolid_0/__active<  my / subvolume
>> /path/to/subvolid_0/__home<  my /home subvolume
>
> Actually with that setup you're using option (3) that I described.
>
> That means all your subvolumes is still visible under
> /path/to/subvolid_0/, right? I'm not sure how well grub can manage
> this. Probably it can't, so you'd have to manage boot entries
> manually.

Yes, you are right. I can see all subvolumes under /path/to/subvolid_0
By the way grub2 can manage this setup correctly and generate the right menu entries without any problems.

But - /boot is not in its own subvolume in this setup. I think this is the reason it works out of the box.

Thank you for your explanations.
I can see if I can make it work with /boot in its own subvolume.

~d