On 10/27/2011 02:40 AM, Kai Krakow wrote:
I'm trying to rm some files, this is what I get in dmesg:
[snip]

Can you ls the directory where the problem files are located? What would the
the output? I had a very similar problem but on 3.0.x kernel when several
files suddenly got corrupted.

I can run "find -type f" for directories I suspect corrupted files in,
and I see errors in dmesg if it happens to contain bad files. But no
oopses and the system remains stable. If I mount the filesystem
read-only I can even read these files without oopses, this way I
produced an rsync backup to my original partition I created the btrfs
subvolume from.

I see. Just to share my experience. I think I had a different case because I could not even read some 20-30 files (photos) on my /home subvolume and any attempt to access them via rm or ls would give me kernel oopses, though the system would not crash with 3.1 kernel. Unless I tried to access the corrupted files the filesystem was stable and my / subvolume was fine. So I backed up everything not-corrupted (I did have the backups for the corrupted files anyway) and created my /home subvolume anew. I deleted the old subvolume and most of the space was reclaimed.

But btrfsck would still give me errors about inability to access some inode (