On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 01:06:49AM +1030, Jordan Windsor wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Hugo Mills <h...@carfax.org.uk> wrote:

> >> Thanks, so If it mentions "DUP" on the metadata & system line I'm using
> >> RAID1?
> >
> >   No, DUP is two copies of the data (or metadata), but kept on the
> > same block device.
> >
> If the word RAID isn't mentioned, I'm in single mode for both metadata & data?

   If there's nothing at all, then it's "single". If it says DUP, then
you have two redundant copies, but they could both be on the same
block device, so it'll protect you from a bad block or out-of-band
data corruption, but not from the loss of the whole disk.

   Hugo.

             --- Ceci est un travail pour l'Australien. ---