On 11/28/2011 11:10 PM, David Sterba wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 06:10:19PM +0800, Liu Bo wrote:
>> We've been sufferring two big bugs with sub transid:
>> one is a bug related to root's last_snapshot, the other is a bug related to
>> disk extent refs' generation.
>
> Do you have a testcase to trigger and check these bugs?

Hi, David,

a) For the first one (last_snapshot bug),

The test involves three processes (derived from Chris):

mkfs.btrfs /dev/xxx
mount /dev/xxx /mnt

1) run compilebench -i 30 --makej -D /mnt

Let compilebench run until it starts the create phase.

2) run synctest -f -u -n 200 -t 3 /mnt
3) for x in `seq 1 200` ; do btrfs subvol snap /mnt /mnt/snap$x ; sleep 0.5 ;
done

b) For the second one,

1) build a btrfs partition, and

2) fill something, and then

3) run balance on it.

>> 1) The first patch fixes a warning,
>> 2) the second one fixes the last_snapshot bug,
>> 3) the third one has already been in for-linus branch, but not in "danger"
>>    branch, so I add it here for the integrity,
>> 4) the fourth one fixes a transid mismatch bug,
>> 5) the fifth one fixes the disk extent refs' generation bug.
>>
>> Any advices and tests are welcome!
>
> I have rebased this series on top of current cmason/for-linus (24a70313969),
> should anybody want to test.
>
> (repo address: http://repo.or.cz/w/linux-2.6/btrfs-unstable.git )

Great!  Thanks for what you've done!

thanks,