Hi folks.

Last night one of the USB attached disks malfunctioned during a
balance. I strongly suspect the drive will die soon. A couple hours
later, with the drive cold, I got a

Dec  8 07:34:49 adams kernel: [84890.433235] device label quatrocentao
devid 1 transid 1659 /dev/sde1
Dec  8 07:34:49 adams kernel: [84890.460448] btrfs: open_ctree failed

I ran btrfsck on it and got

root@adams:~# btrfsck /dev/sde1
found 396558811136 bytes used err is 0
total csum bytes: 385961240
total tree bytes: 1334501376
total fs tree bytes: 756809728
btree space waste bytes: 346120636
file data blocks allocated: 396065329152
 referenced 396065329152
Btrfs Btrfs v0.19

But, when I tried to mount it, I got the much feared:

root@adams:~# mount /dev/sde1 /mnt
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sde1,
       dmesg | tail  or so

Running Ubuntu 11.04 here.

Now would be a terrific time to have a "salvage broken filesystem"
utiliy so I could move the data to another disk. Are we there yet?

--
Ricardo Bánffy
http://www.dieblinkenlights.com