Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I agree, after going back over the commands, those ones you
highlighted seem very suspicious....
These commands were executed weeks ago amid a fair amount of confusion.

But yes, I think that you are right - from memory the FS became
inaccessible at about the time you mention.
I would say that was the best theory as regards this problem.

Assuming that this is the case, do I stand a chance of retrieving that
volume and accessing that data again?
Or does "destructive" imply total loss? (In which case, I'll cut my losses....)