On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 01:06:38PM +1100, Wes wrote:
> > I don't know much of what goes on inside BtrFS, but I like to point
> > out that btrfs fi df doesn't actually report total space on the disk,
> > only the total space currently allocated.
>

> Good point, and this also supports the notion that it's more of a 'du'
> work-alike than a 'df' one

   On the other hand, "df" reports global figures, whereas "du"
reports values for a file or set of files. "btrfs fi df" also reports
(one set of) global figures, and a hypothetical "btrfs fi du" (which
will probably surface once Arne finishes the qgroups stuff) will
report on subvolumes and/or sets of files.

   Hugo.

      --- UNIX: British manufacturer of modular shelving units. ---