I recently re-installed Ubuntu, and somewhere along the way the installer decided to clear out /var, which happens to be a separate btrfs device from /. When I do "btfrs filesystem df /var" it outputs this:

Data: total=134.01GB, used=485.78
System, DUP: total=8.00MB, used=20.00KB
System: total=4.00MB, used=0.00
Metadata, DUP: total=1.62GB, used=6.87MB
Metadata: total=8.00MB, used=0.00

The reserved Data, 134GB, resembles closely the amount of data on my drive before the formatting. Therefore, I believe what happened was the installer didn't format /var, just cleared out the files. I didn't properly backup /var, but I have important files on it. Is there a way to have btrfs look around the reserved metadata area for orphaned files and get them back?

Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated!
Fahrzin Hemmati