I set the C (NOCOW) and z (Not_Compressed) flags on a folder but the extent
counts of files contained there keep increasing.
Said files are large and frequently modified but not changing in size. This
does not happen when the filesystem is mounted with nodatacow.

I'm using this as a workaround since subvolumes can't be mounted with different
options simultaneously. ie. one with COW, one with nodatacow

Any ideas why the flags are being ignored?

I'm running 32bit 3.3rc4 with
noatime,nodatasum,space_cache,autodefrag,inode_cache on a 3 disk RAID0 data
RAID1 metadata filesystem.

Thanks,
Kyle