On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 10:32:00AM +0100, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo, linux-btrfs,
>
> some commands still look for non existent devices.
>
> I don't use "udev".
> When I run
>
>         btrfs filesystem show
>
> only the existent devices are shown - fine.
>
> When I run
>
>         btrfs filesystem label
>
> or
>
>         btrfs scrub status /dev/sdxn
>
> then I get a lot of error messages with (p.e.)
>
>   failed to read /dev/hda6: No such device or address
>   failed to read /dev/sdm7: No such device or address
>   failed to read /dev/sr3: No such device or address

Hi Helmut,

I think this has been fixed in recent btrfs-progs, commit 32eff711.
Could test with that commit present please ?  (You can get it from
dangerdonteveruse branch of Chris' btrfs-progs repo [1], the 'danger'
tag is irrelevant as long as you don't try to run fsck from that branch)

[1] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-progs.git

Thanks,

                Ilya