On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 03:23:13PM +0100, Richard Cooper wrote:

> On 29 Jun 2012, at 11:42, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> >> What should I do now? Do I need to upgrade to a more recent btrfs?
> >
> > Yep
> >
> >> If so, how?
> >
> > https://blogs.oracle.com/linux/entry/oracle_unbreakable_enterprise_kernel_release
> > http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
>
> Perfect, thank you! I was looking for a mainline kernel yum repo but my
> google-fu was failing me. That looks like just what I need.
>
> I've installed kernel v3.4.4 from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml and that
> seems to have fixed my kernel panic. I'm still using the default Cent OS 6
> versions of the btrfs userspace programs (v0.19). Any reason why that might
> be a bad idea?

   You miss out on new features (like scrub and btrfsck). Note that
"0.19" could actually be any version from the last 3 years or so. Most
distributions these days are putting a date in their package names --
anything from 20120328 or so is good.

   Hugo.

   --- Charting the inexorable advance of Western syphilisation... ---