On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:03:47PM +0200, Goffredo Baroncelli
<kreij...@libero.it> wrote:
> Why it was not provided a way to clear a *single* flag ? To me it seems a bit
> too long to clear all the flag (btrfs mount-option clear) and then set the
> right one.
>
> As user interface I suggest something like chmod:
>
>    btrfs mount-option set +ssd,skip_balance -nodatacow /dev/sdX
>
> or
>
>    btrfs mount-option set =ssd,skip_balance,nodatacow /dev/sdX

I agree with the +/-/= syntax, it's quite intuitive and already seen
(chattr).

I'd drop the 'set' command here, with some options specified it's
implied.

Without any it's 'get'

  btrfs mount-option /dev/...

And the 'clear' subcommand could be also dropped with this syntax

  btrfs mount-option = /dev/...

:)

BTW, this modifies the defaults only for the unmounted filesystem, but
the same should be possible for a mounted one in the future.

david