poivron:~ # btrfs filesystem df /
Data: total=4.01GB, used=2.16GB
System, DUP: total=8.00MB, used=4.00KB
System: total=4.00MB, used=0.00
Metadata, DUP: total=3.00GB, used=429.16MB
Metadata: total=8.00MB, used=0.00

poivron:~ #  df -hP /
/dev/sda3       132G  3.0G  124G   3% /

poivron:~ # btrfs filesystem show /dev/sda3
Label: none  uuid: 9e68b667-f9f9-490f-9da1-ae4e91558212
        Total devices 1 FS bytes used 2.58GB
        devid    1 size 131.64GB used 10.04GB path /dev/sda3

Btrfs v0.19+

poivron:~ # du -sh /.snapshots
40G     /.snapshots

===========

Please help me understand and interpret those information to know the most accurately as possible what is my real remaining space, and what space is used by what.

Although, i don't really understand the output of the command "btrfs filesystem df /" : what are exactly "Data", "System DUP", "System total", "Metadata DUP" and "Metadata total" ?

==========

Here are some complementary informations :
poivron:~ # uname -a
Linux poivron 3.0.26-0.7-default #1 SMP Tue Apr 17 10:27:57 UTC 2012 (3829766) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

poivron:~ # snapper list-configs
Config        | Subvolume
--------------+------------------------
root          | /

poivron:~ # cat /etc/snapper/configs/root

# subvolume to snapshot
SUBVOLUME="/"

# filesystem type
FSTYPE="btrfs"

# run daily number cleanup
NUMBER_CLEANUP="yes"

# limit for number cleanup
NUMBER_MIN_AGE="1800"
NUMBER_LIMIT="100"

# create hourly snapshots
TIMELINE_CREATE="yes"

# cleanup hourly snapshots after some time
TIMELINE_CLEANUP="yes"

# limits for timeline cleanup
TIMELINE_MIN_AGE="1800"
TIMELINE_LIMIT_HOURLY="10"
TIMELINE_LIMIT_DAILY="10"
TIMELINE_LIMIT_MONTHLY="10"
TIMELINE_LIMIT_YEARLY="10"

# cleanup empty pre-post-pairs
EMPTY_PRE_POST_CLEANUP="yes"

# limits for empty pre-post-pair cleanup
EMPTY_PRE_POST_MIN_AGE="1800"

Cordialement,

Sébastien MAURY
Responsable d'exploitation du site de Montpellier
Équipe DBA
INSERM - DSI - Pôle Infrastructures

Délégation régionale Languedoc Roussillon
60, rue de Navacelles
34394 Montpellier Cedex 5

Mob : 06 31 51 42 18
Fixe : 04 67 63 61 43