On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Joel Pearson
<japear...@agiledigital.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using SL 6 (RHEL 6) and I've been playing around with running
> PostgreSQL on btrfs. Snapshotting works ok, but the computer keeps
> rebooting without warning (can be 5 mins or 1.5 hours), finally I
> actually managed to get a Kernel Crash instead of just a reboot.
>
> I took a picture of the screen:
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/img0143y.jpg/
>
> The important bits are:
>
> IP: [<ffffffffa032c471>] btrfs_print_leaf +0x31/0x820 [btrfs]
> PGD 0
> Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP
> last sysfs file: /sys/devices/virtual/block/dm-3/dm/name
>
> The crashes aren't predictable either. Like it doesn't always happen
> when I do a snapshot or anything like that.
>
> Is this a known problem, that is fixed in a later kernel or something like
> that?

Which kernel is this?

If it's the default SL/RHEL 2.6.32 kernel, then you should try upgrade
first. http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml is a good choice.

It's highly unlikely that anyone would be willing to look at bugs on
that "archaic" (in btrfs world) kernel.

--
Fajar