Le 07/10/2012 16:44, Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
> I think you need to backup, reformat and restore from backup for now.
No way. 4 machines on each of which 2 to 4 different OSes are sharing
the same BTRFS volume !

If I ever need to reformat/reinstall all this, the new format won't be
BTRFS ! I would be pissed off to a point where I would stick to either
ext4 or ZFS, all of which work nicely (I have a complex system that has
been running very fine on ZFS for 1.5 year)...

> How did you measure this? Is this just the boot times you mentioned in
> the original article?

No highly scientific measurement. I don't live with benchmarks, but with
the impression that my machine is nicely swift or painfully slow.

When it comes to 4 minutes for boot, 40 seconds for opening a brower, 1+
minute for Thunderbird... 15 minutes for installing an innocent set of
updates... I'm under the impression that it's painfully slow.

Kind regards.

--
Swâmi Petaramesh <sw...@petaramesh.org> http://petaramesh.org PGP 9076E32E
Ne cherchez pas : Je ne suis pas sur Facebook.