On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Marguerite Su <i...@marguerite.su> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 2:35 AM, cwillu <cwi...@cwillu.com> wrote:
>> Without space_cache (once), btrfs has to repopulate that information
>> the slow way every mount; with it, it can just load the data from the
>> last unmount (modulo some consistency checks).
>>
>> The setting is sticky, so you don't actually need it in fstab any more
>> (although it won't hurt anything either).
>
> Thanks, cwillu!
>
> I transfer the message to openSUSE bugzilla and ask them help making
> that happen by default in openSUSE.
>
> Marguerite

Apparently mkfs.btrfs does set it by default now, so perhaps your
filesystem predates the change, or suse's btrfs-progs is too old.

mkfs.btrfs /dev/whatever followed by mounting with no options should
print "btrfs: disk space caching is enabled" to dmesg if your mkfs is
new enough, if you wish to test.