On 10/25/2012 05:20 PM, Miao Xie wrote:
> This patchset introduce multi-task delalloc flush, it can make the delalloc
> flush more faster. And besides that, it also can fix the problem that we join
> the same transaction handler more than 2 times.
>
> Implementation:
> - Create a new worker pool.
> - Queue the inode with pending delalloc into the work queue of the worker pool
>   when we want to force them into the disk, and then we will wait till all the
>   works we submit are done.
> - The ordered extents also can be queued into this work queue. The process is
>   similar to the second one.

I can see the potential improvements brought by flushing inodes this way.

But I don't think it makes much sense by making waiting process multi-task,
since even we spread wait order extents into different cpus, they just occpied
the cpu and went on waiting and scheduled then, I mean, the bottleneck is on
what we're waiting for.

Besides, considering that this patchset is about to getting us better
performance,
I'm expecting any performance numbers (I'm a little worried about context
switches
overhead).

btw, cool ideas indeed.

thanks,