On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:20:39PM +0000, Alex wrote:
> As one 'stuck' with 4k leaves on my main machine for the moment, can I request
> the btrfs-progs v0.20 defaults to more efficient decent block sizes before
> release. Most distro install programs for the moment don't give access to the
> options at install time and there seems to be is a significant advantage to
> 16k
> or 32k

IMHO this should be fixed inside the installer, changing defaults for a
core utility will affect everybody. 4k is the most tested option and
thus can be considered "safe for everybody".

The installer may let you to enter a shell and create the filesystem by
hand, then point it to use it for installation.

david