On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:32:01 -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 1/25/13 5:57 AM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
>> On 06/08/2012 02:00 PM, Stefan Behrens wrote:
>>> Remove btrfsctl, btrfs-show and btrfs-vol from "all" target of Makefile.
>
> TBH, unless there are objections, I'd rather remove the source files as well.
>
> Having unbuilt source code lying around is potentially even more confusing.
>
> I'd at least move it to a deprecated/ subdir or something, but it'll only
> fester and die there as well.  I'd just remove it, if it's time to do so.

Yes, right. Half a year ago, this was a first attempt from me to start a
discussion on this topic. But I agree that the removal of the sources
and the removal in the Makefile should be made in one commit.

Unfortunately Suse is still needing these old files as David wrote.

> Are they fully deprecated?  Is there anything these tools do that btrfs
> does not?

Yes (fully deprecated for 2 years). No (the unified btrfs tool is a full
replacement).