On Jan 31, 2013, at 6:44 AM, Martin Steigerwald <mar...@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> Works well so far and I see no issues.

A fragmented ssd doesn't come with the penalty of head seek latency or
rotational latency, both of which increase with fragmentation on rotating
media. I'm not sure what the equivalent is for SSD. Different SSD's are doing
many different things behind the scene; even when not read or written to by the
file system. This is one reason why TRIM is questionable. It helps for some
devices and workloads, and not others.

If you check mount, if btrfs detected from the kernel that this is non-rotating
media, it should have mounted it with the ssd option. The other mount option
possible, which is manually set (and unsets ssd) is ssd_spread.

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/FAQ#What_is_the_difference_between_mount_-o_ssd_and_mount_-o_ssd_spread.3F

Chris Murphy--