Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2012 schrieb Stefan Behrens:
> This is the user mode part of the device replace patch series.

Thank you for working on this.

> The command group "btrfs replace" is added with three commands:
> - btrfs replace start srcdev|srcdevid targetdev [-Bfr] mount_point
> - btrfs replace status mount_point [-1]
> - btrfs replace cancel mount_point

Why isn´t this under btrfs device replace {start,status,cancel}?

Well I see a pattern. btrfs balance is also not under btrfs filesystem
balance. Well its still optional there, but I think this is deprecated.

I do not recall the reason right now, why btrfs balance was moved one
hierarchy up, but as a user if I wanted to do something with a device,
I think I´d just look up the sub commands of btrfs device. And wouldn´t
find the replace command there. Then if I accidentally found it, I may
be confused as to what is being replaced there. Well the parameter names
srcdev / targetdev might give me a hint, but still, this doesn´t make
the impression of a predictable and consistent user interface here.

Thanks,