Am 20.02.2013, 02:14 Uhr, schrieb Liu Bo <bo.li....@oracle.com>:

I think I know why inode_cache keeps us from freeing space, inode_cache adds a cache_inode in each btrfs root, and this cache_inode will be iput at the very
last of stage during umount, ie. after we do cleanup work on old
snapshot/subvols, where we free the space.

A remount will force btrfs to do cleanup work on old snapshots during mount.

This may explain the situation.

thanks,
liubo

I don't know how long the code behaves that way, but this is
exactly what I see here on debian kernel 3.2.35.

Norbert