On 25 February 2013 23:35, Suman C <schakr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it would be great if there is a lvm volume or zfs zvol type
> support in btrfs. As far as I can tell, there's nobody actively
> working on this feature. I want to know what the core developers think
> of this feature, is it technically possible? any strong opinions?
> implementation ideas?
>
> I'd be happy to work towards this feature, but want your feedback
> before proceeding.

Btrfs already has capabilities to add and remove block devices on the
fly.  Data can be stripped or mirrored or both.  Raid 5/6 is in
testing at the moment.
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Using_Btrfs_with_Multiple_Devices
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/UseCases#RAID

Which specific features do you think btrfs is lacking?

Mike