On 2013/02/13 12:33 PM, Holger Hoffstaette wrote:
- raise the leaf size to 16k
- use single metadata profile

the difference in behaviour on a single disk is *very* noticeable.
Did you try an isolated change of leaf size? I think the devs would be willing to look into the default size if it makes a dramatic difference on its own. Personally I think you are seeing an improvement more as a result of the metadata profile rather than the leafsize.

I don't think changing the default profile for metadata will be easily entertained as this is very important for protecting against corruption due to bitrot.