On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 03:31:19PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> Thanks for finding this and writing up the patch.  Can we please change
> it to ignore the crc if the transid is from mkfs?

We can fix the mkfs part, but anything that goes through
commit_transaction (and write_all_supers) will fail to mount, and this
is pretty much everything in the tools (fsck, convert, select-super,
zero-log, tune, corrupt-block, offline set-label -- these I've checked).

> I'd prefer that we allow older progs for a while longer.  We can take
> this check out after a few releases.

With the impact mentioned above I'm afraid we can't put the check in
place as-is right now. A grace period and warning at mount time seems
acceptable.

david