Hi,

a few comments that reflect current implementation

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 02:36:12PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> +When mounting a btrfs filesystem, the following option are accepted.
> +Unless otherwise specified, all options default to off.
> +
> +  alloc_start=<bytes>
> +     Debugging option to force all block allocations above a certain
> +     byte threshold on each block device.  The value is specified in
> +     bytes, optionally with a K, M, or G suffix, case insensitive.
> +     Default is 1MB.

yes it is 1MB by default, and also a hardcoded minimum.

> +  max_inline=<bytes>
> +     Specify the maximum amount of space, in bytes, that can be inlined in
> +     a metadata B-tree leaf.  The value is specified in bytes, optionally
> +     with a K, M, or G suffix, case insensitive.  In practice, this value
> +     is limited by the root sector size, with some space unavailable due

the 'root sector size' sounds a bit confusing, the commonly used term is
'sectorsize'

> +     to leaf headers.  For a 4k sectorsize, max inline data is ~3900 bytes.
> +
> +  notreelog
> +     Disable the tree logging used for fsync and O_SYNC writes.
> +
> + skip_balance
> +     Skip automatic resume of interrupted balance operation after mount.
> +     May be resumed with "btrfs balance resume."

A dot inside a quotation looks confusing to non-us people, I hope nobody
will try to copypaste it :)

> +  subvolid=<ID>
> +     Mount subvolume specified by an ID number rather than the root
> subvolume.

> +     This allows mounting of subvolumes which are not in the root of the
> mounted
> +     filesystem.

This sentence refers to the previous behaviour when subvol did not
accept full path. I suggest to drop it.

> +     You can use "btrfs subvolume list" to see subvolume ID numbers.

Please add something in the sense of "The toplevel subvolume has ID 0".

> +  subvolrootid=<objectid> (deprecated)
> +     Mount subvolume specified by <objectid> rather than the root subvolume.
> +     This allows mounting of subvolumes which are not in the root of the
> mounted
> +     filesystem.

Not true for a long time, since subvol=/full/path time it's a no-op. The
patch to print a warning when the option is used has been sent not so long
ago though.

> +     You can use "btrfs subvolume show " to see the object ID for a
> subvolume.
> +

It seems to me that you probably did not count
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Mount_options into the
documentation sources. We've tried to keep this page up-to-date, but it
does not cover the same things you did in this patch. Ideally merging
information from both is desirable.

thanks,
david