Hi

Sander <sander <at> humilis.net> writes:

> Alexander Skwar wrote (ao):
> > Where I'm hanging right now, is that I can't seem to figure out a
> > "bullet proof" way to find all the subvolumes of the filesystems I
> > might have.
>
> > Is there an easier way to achieve what I want? I want to achieve:
> >
> > Creating recursive snapshots for all filesystems
>
> Not sure if this helps, but I have subvolid=0, which contains all my
> subvolumes, mounted under /.root/

Hm, not quite what I'm after and not nearly as easy as ZFS...

"Problem" with your approach: The admin has to maintain this.
I was looking for something, which "maints itself", so to say.
And your approach also wouldn't scale if there are sub-subvolumes.

ZFS really is so much easier (at least regarding that).

Thanks a lot, though. It's a worthwhile idea.

Regards,
Alexander