Just a random Sunday afternoon thought:

We've got some rather nice variations on the block-level RAID schemes
but instead being implemented at the filesystem level in btrfs...

Could the btrfs RAID be coded to be general so that a filesystem stack
could be set up whereby the filesystem level raids could be used for ANY
filesystem?

So for example, we could have the stack:

filesystem level RAID

filesystem

Block level

So, an interesting variation could be to have filesystem level raid
operating on ext4 or nilfs or whatever... Would that be a sensible idea?

Regards,
Martin