On May 21, 2013, at 8:06 AM, Martin <m_bt...@ml1.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21/05/13 04:37, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to contradict myself and point out that mount with label or
>> UUID is made unambiguous via either the default subvolume being
>> mounted, or the -o subvol= option being specified. The volume label
>> and UUID doesn't apply to umount because it's an ambiguous command.
>> You'd have to umount a mountpoint, or possibly a subvolume specific
>> UUID.
>
> I guess the ideas of labels and UUID and multiple devices came out a few
> years later?... For btrfs, umount needs to operate on the default subvol
> but with the means for also specifying a specific subvol if needed.

Yeah and I think specifying -o for umount isn't what devs are interested in
doing, and I think that's understandable. But I'm pretty sure there are btrfs
subvolume UUIDs now? So even if umount doesn't support -o, it should still
support /dev/disk/by-uuid/xxxxxxxxxxx just as it does /dev/sda1 or whatever.

Chris Murphy