On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 07:40:52AM -0700, George Mitchell wrote:
> I am seeing massive journal corruptions that seem to be unique to
> btrfs and I am suspecting that cow might be causing them.  My
> bandaid fix for this will be to mark the /var filesystem "nodatacow"
> at boot.  But I am wondering if their is any way to flag a
> particular directory as "nodatacow" outside of the mount process.  I
> would like to be able to mark /var/log/journal as "nodatacow" for
> example, without having to declare it a subvolume and mount it
> separately.

Hi George,

We actually have per-file/directory nodatacow :)

But please note if you set nodatacow on the particular directory, only
new-created or zero-size files in the directory can follow the nocow rule.

'chattr' in the latest e2fsprogs can fit your requirements,
# chattr +C /var/log/journal

Also, what kind of massive journal corruptions?  Does it look like a
btrfs specific bug?

thanks,
liubo