On 05/06/13 17:24, David Sterba wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 04:43:29PM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
>>    OK, so you've got plenty of space to allocate. There were some
>> issues in this area (block reserves and ENOSPC, and I think
>> specifically addressing the issue of ENOSPC when there's space
>> available to allocate) that were fixed between 3.8 and 3.9 (and
>> probably some between 3.9 and 3.10-rc as well), so upgrading your
>> kernel _may_ help here.
>
> This is supposed to be fixed by
> https://patchwork-mail2.kernel.org/patch/2558911/
>
> that went ti 3.10-rc with some followup patches, so it might not be
> enough as a standalone fix.
>
> Unless you really need 'inode_cache', remove it from the mount options.

Thanks for that. Remounting without the inode_cache option looks to be
allowing rsync to continue. (No sync loop needed.)

For a 16TB raid1 on kernel 3.8.13, any good mount options to try?

For that size of storage and with many hard links, is there any
advantage formatting with leaf/node size greater than the default 4kBytes?

Thanks,
Martin