On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 08:52:50PM +0200, Hendrik Friedel wrote:
> As stated in the wiki, multiple-device filesystems (e.g. raid 1)
> will only mount after a btfs device scan, or if all devices are
> passed with the mount options.
>
> I remember, that for Ubuntu 12.04 I changed the initrd. But after a
> re-install, I have to do this again, and I don't remember how I did
> it.

   With Ubuntu, just install the btrfs-tools package. It should modify
the initrd correctly.

> So, the other option would be passing the devices in the fstab. But
> here, I'd prefer UUIDs rather than device names, as they can change.

   This is why we don't recommend using device= mount flags.

> Is this possible? What is the syntax?

   I don't believe it is possible. Finding filesystems by UUID is (I
think) a userspace-based thing, so you'd have to have an initrd
anyway.

   Hugo.

  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
   --- "No!  My collection of rare, incurable diseases! Violated!" ---