On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 12:29:44PM +0100, Filipe David Borba Manana wrote:
> Currently the compression settings (algorithm and force mode) need
> to be specified at mount time in order to have newly created files
> compressed.
[...]

I think we should take the top-down approach and start with UI how to
set these attributes, then think where to store the information
(existing strucutures, xattrs). Tweaking compressin per-file is
desirable, but with your patch it's required to set it via a mount
option and that's not very practical (only via remount, root required).

david