Josef Bacik wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:44:19PM +0200, Lutz Euler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > during a balance I got the BUG from the subject line, followed by
> > BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 000000000008a940.
> This should be fixed in btrfs-next.  Thanks,

Thanks for the info. That is great!

Unfortunately, I am reluctant to run btrfs-next, but I intend to add an
additional device to this filesystem in the near future and run balance
again then, so could you point me to a commit id in btrfs-next with the
fix? Then I could try to patch 3.6.11-rc6 with that commit or would at
least be able to notice when the fix is going to Linus' tree.

Thanks again,

Lutz