Frist, thank you very much for the patches! I'm going to merge all
except 18/20, expecting V2.

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 10:14:06AM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:

> On 09/04/2013 11:22 PM, Wang Shilong wrote:
> >This patchset tries to fix all the magic return value in btrfs-progs.
> >Most commands will have three kinds of return value:
> >
> >0 success
> >1 usage of syntax errors
> >
> >Exceptions come from balance/scrub/replace. For example, replace cancel
> >will return 2 if there is no operations in progress.
>
>  Thanks for writing this much needed.
>  Its better to have these return error codes defined
>  in a header. So that it would guide the future developments.

I agree. This means to add symbolic names to the scrub returns codes in
20/20, as an example of a command-specific return codes. I haven't found
a good place where to document the generic return values
(0/1/-errno etc). Something suites commands.h, others utils.h. If you
find more appropriate locations, feel free to use them.

david